Thursday 25 September 2014

Week 3/4 in Lapland! | emmainlapland

Hey guys!

First I have to apologise for taking so long to write this... Now that I have no laptop blogging is a little more difficult. 

It has been a while since I last wrote anything and I have to say my memory is not great so this may not be totally chronological nor will I be particularly specific about when it actually occurred like I normally do, mainly because I'm not sure.

Firstly, can we all just take a moment to bask in the glory that is my 5€ rain jacket purchase from a second hand shop in the city centre.

Ignore my face and focus on the bargain. 

Last Thursday was the Scottish referendum and I was genuinely gutted that I wasn't in Scotland for it. However, I did wear my tartan scarf, saltire socks and yes badge to uni so that's almost good enough. On the Friday morning I headed round to my Scottish friend's house and we watched the votes come in live. Obviously I was disappointed in how it turned out but Scotland made a democratic decision and although it was not one I necessarily agreed with, I respect the fact that it was made. 



Moving on to my weekend. On Saturday I went out for coffee with my friends and went to the cutest place EVER. It had a bed in it but nobody would sit in the bed with me. Sadly I didn't get a photo of said bed. I like to say bed. Bed.


On Saturday night there was a garden party in Kuntotie (basically in my garden) and so I turned up with one cider and my comfiest clothes. It was pretty good fun but I had to call it an early night as on Sunday I was up early to go to the zoo!



On sunday we all left super early to cycle to the bus station to take us to Ranua Zoo! The zoo was an arctic zoo and so there was no giraffes which was rather disappointing but I had a pretty good time anyway!




Now I have to admit it's from here that it gets a bit hazy and I don't remember exactly what happened on what day. But I think on Monday I cycled to lidl which was great until it came to cycling home with a giant rucksack full of food. However I did make it and later that day I went into town and got a stand put on my bike (eventually)! Not that it was much use as it decided to start snowing 2 days later but I'll get to that! 

Here's some food that I made from my lidl shop... Yes, I am talented.


On Tuesday (I think) there was a blackout for an hour that evening. It was a schedulled affair to ensure that things work... Or something. In any case, my friend came round and we sat by candle light listening to music and painting our nails which was fun. I'm quite impressed with my painting skills!



Yesterday was one of our friends birthday, but because we had so much going on that we decided to throw her a surprise get together a day early! (Wednesday) We all drank tea and coffee, ate too much vegan apple pie and played a rather fun game of charades. Some people even pretended that they were sitting on invisible chairs. 

This was after 5 minutes of us all sitting around the tray of apple pie on the floor with spoons acting as though we had never seen food before.


It also decided to snow yesterday but it wasn't until Wednesday evening that it really snowed. I generally am a fan of snow but not in September. 

24.09.14 - this is not okay Lapland.

Yesterday I headed to the bank again with my tutor (to no avail... I will open a bank account one day) and also went to the police station to see about getting then permit I needed. That also failed as I turned up too late. 

So instead I went to uni, had some lunch, attempted to study a little bit and watched Great British Bake Off... Because why not!

At 6pm a few of us were going to the Finnish Friend program event where we got to meet our new Finnish friend(s). I met a lovely woman and her daughter who I can't wait to get to know better! 

Today I am going to North Kape, which is in Norway, on a road trip with my friends and I am sure I will have a ton of fun things to say about it so there will no doubt be another blog post soon!

Thanks everyone :) 

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment